Chasing Shadows

Chasing Shadows

Monday, February 24, 2014

It's a GAS!



So my dear friend Sam and I sat down and calculated the fuel stop points.  We only adjusted one days worth of travel to make the last stretch to Silver Dollar City a little easier.  This will make it possible to stop into Joplin MO and see my Aunt, Uncle, and cousins, whom I don't get to see nearly enough; also I get to introduce them to Hannah as Mrs. Turley.


To my family in Joplin, I hope to organize a quick meeting with everyone there.  We figured the gas and budget and everything is still well within our limits.  I have been joking with Hannah that it's good that we are doing a lot hiking as the food we will be eating will be road food for two weeks.  I don't think she has ever done that and it will be interesting to see how she handles it.

Check out roadfood.com

We do get to spend some time resting along the way; taking in the nature of environments that we don't have in Kansas.  The dry, hot desert sands.  The mountains and rocks will give Hannah a playground she has never had the opportunity to play around.  She is so excited to see the vistas of the Utah Arches national park

Discover Moab

The days are clicking away and the calender days until we leave get fewer and fewer.  Tonight Hannah is working on her riding outfit that he intends to wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment